Wednesday, July 31, 2019


Dear 5th grade families,

Welcome to another year at Archway Arete! We are so excited to have your children in our class. My name is Mrs. Lynch and I will be the Lead Teacher for 5A. I am so looking forward to the opportunity to teach your children and guide them through our virtues. I was a 5th grade lead teacher the last three years, and before that, I served as an assistant in both 2nd and 3rd grades. I also had the opportunity to teach in Athenaeum during the first year of our school’s existence. In previous years, I taught orchestra on the Prep side after school. I also run the Beginning Instruments Club on the Archway side.

Before coming to Arete, I obtained my Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education from the University of Idaho. I had the pleasure of student teaching at a middle school. I got to teach choir, jazz band, concert band, orchestra, and music appreciation to all levels of middle school students. My husband (Paul) and I then moved to Arizona so he could pursue his Masters in Music for trombone performance. Hejust finished his Doctorate of Musical Arts at ASU in the spring. I have had an active private studio to teach music lessons for the last 10 years. Last year, I finished my coursework to be grades 1-8 certified in general education in Arizona.

Here are five facts about myself to help you know me better: I grew up in Montana, I love to teach music and will get the opportunity to teach music after school again this year, my main instrument is the violin (but I have the capacity to play most instruments!), I have 2 cats (Cosmo and Gustav) and a loving husband, and my favorite thing about teaching at Great Hearts is the opportunity to cultivate great minds and great hearts not only though our curriculum, but also through our virtues.

I am looking forward to this year!

Mrs. Brianna Lynch
5A


Dear 5A Families,

Welcome! My name is Ms. Vaughn and I am delighted to be your children’s Assistant Teacher this year. This will be my second year at Archway Arete.
Before I found my way to Great Hearts, I attended St. John’s College, where I studied the Great Books that make up the core of the classical tradition. I graduated in 2017 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts. During my senior year, I also had the privilege of working with underclassmen as they explored music theory and composition. Helping my students learn and grow was easily the best part of that year for me, and so I’m very excited to do the same here in 5A!

By way of introduction, here are a few facts about me: I was born and raised in Maryland, and only moved out to Arizona last year. It’s been quite the adventure so far! My favorite subject has always been Literature, and the fifth-grade curriculum includes one of my all-time favorite books, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. When I’m not at school (or reading), I enjoy cooking, yoga, caring for my numerous houseplants, playing the piano, and exploring my new home here in Arizona.

I look forward to a wonderful year!

Ms. Claudia Vaughn