Thursday, August 4, 2016

Welcome to 5A!

Dear 5th grade families,

Welcome to another year at Archway Arete! We are so excited to have your children in our class. My name is Mrs. Lynch and I will be the Lead Teacher for 5A. I am so looking forward to the opportunity to teach your children and guide them through our virtues. I served as an Assistant Teacher last year with Mrs. Mason (2nd grade), and during the 4th quarter with Ms. Welch (3rd grade) the year before. I also had the opportunity to teach in Athenaeum during the first year of our school’s existence. Last year, I taught orchestra and band on the Prep side after school.

Before coming to Arete, I obtained my Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education from the University of Idaho. I had the pleasure of student teaching at a middle school. I got to teach choir, jazz band, concert band, orchestra, and music appreciation to all levels of middle school students. My husband (Paul) and I then moved to Arizona so he could pursue his Masters in Music for trombone performance. I have had an active private studio to teach music lessons for the last 8 years.

Here are five facts about myself to help you know me better: I grew up in Montana, I love to teach music and will get the opportunity to teach music after school again this year, my main instrument is the violin (but I have the capacity to play most instruments!), I have 2 cats (Cosmo and Gustav) and a loving husband, and my favorite thing about teaching at Great Hearts is the opportunity to cultivate great minds and great hearts not only though our curriculum, but also through our virtues.

Please fill out the parent survey and bring it to Meet the Teacher Night tonight!

I am looking forward to this year!

Mrs. Brianna Lynch
5A








 Welcome to your child's final year at Archway Arete!
I am Mrs. Lynch's Assistant Teacher, Mr. Korth. Having just graduated from Rhodes College in May, this is my first year of full-time teaching. I am so excited to get started and count myself lucky to have landed at such a great school. A little bit about me; I was born and raised in Philadelphia, which has made the adjustment to summer Arizona weather....difficult. As previously stated, I attended Rhodes College in Memphis for the past four years, and graduated in May with a degree in History and a minor in Education. At Rhodes I competed on both the cross country and track teams, and try my best to keep up my fitness (any trail or park recommendations welcome). I am beyond excited to be educating your children in such a great environment at such a great school. 5th grade is such a fantastic year and I am glad to be able to tag along for the ride!

Can't wait to get this year started!


Mr. Joseph (Joe) Korth