Friday, August 4, 2017

Dear 5th grade families,

Welcome to another year at Archway Arete! We are so excited to have your children in our class. My name is Mrs. Lynch and I will be the Lead Teacher for 5A. I am so looking forward to the opportunity to teach your children and guide them through our virtues. I was a 5th grade lead teacher last year, and before that, I served as an assistant in both 2nd and 3rd grades. I also had the opportunity to teach in Athenaeum during the first year of our school’s existence. For the last two years, I taught orchestra on the Prep side after school. I also run the Beginning Instruments Club on the Archway side.

Before coming to Arete, I obtained my Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education from the University of Idaho. I had the pleasure of student teaching at a middle school. I got to teach choir, jazz band, concert band, orchestra, and music appreciation to all levels of middle school students. My husband (Paul) and I then moved to Arizona so he could pursue his Masters in Music for trombone performance. He is now working on his Doctorate of Musical Arts at ASU. I have had an active private studio to teach music lessons for the last 9 years.

Here are five facts about myself to help you know me better: I grew up in Montana, I love to teach music and will get the opportunity to teach music after school again this year, my main instrument is the violin (but I have the capacity to play most instruments!), I have 2 cats (Cosmo and Gustav) and a loving husband, and my favorite thing about teaching at Great Hearts is the opportunity to cultivate great minds and great hearts not only though our curriculum, but also through our virtues.

I am looking forward to this year!

Mrs. Brianna Lynch
5A


Dear 5A Family,

Welcome to 5th Grade! My name is Ms. White, and I am so excited to be your children’s Assistant Teacher this year. 5th Grade is an exciting year, filled with so many wonderful books and exciting opportunities to be leaders to all of our scholars here at Archway Arete, and I am thrilled to experience this journey alongside them.

A few facts to introduce myself before the school year begins: I graduated from St. John’s College with a degree in Liberal Arts, and feel very lucky to have found a school that values the classical tradition that I love so much. I have worked as a 3rd Grade Assistant here at Arete, and have been fortunate enough to teach everything from sailing to middle school math tutoring over the past few years! Literature is a favorite subject of mine-some of my favorite books include The Grapes Of Wrath and A Wrinkle In Time. When I’m not reading, I love to hike and ski with my family, or take road trips to explore the beautiful Southwest.

Thank you so much for sharing your children with us this year. I can’t wait to get to know each and every one of them, and I look forward to an excellent year!


Ms. Catherine White